Ombre hair has been around for a while, however seeing it in braids is just mind blowing.
Ombre typically refers to gradual blending of one color hue to another usually moving from dark to light.
Ombre hair became really popular around year 2000 when the artist Aaliyah had her hair dyed in a gradual fade from black at the roots to lighter towards the hair tips.
There are different variations of the color trend such as balayage which is a more gradual dimension and somber which is the softer version of ombre, a.k.a subtle ombre.
Today, Maria Antoinette (@themariaantoinette) is our #haircrush because of this gorgeous #ombrebraids. Check out how to rock it like her…
How to get Maria’s Ombre braids:
- Purchase ombre braids from a dealer near you. (Usually where you buy weaves)- She got hers from @catfacehair (www.catface.me)
- Install braids with the help of a professional stylist
Other beautiful ways to rock Ombre braids
The healthy hair way for Ombre braids
Before installing ombre braids,
- Give a space of at least 2 weeks between retouching and braiding.
- Give your hair a deep protein treatment 3 days before
- Treat your hair to a deep conditioning treatment at most 3 days before.
After installing braids, pamper your hair, and you will be shocked at how beautiful it will look afterwards.
- Cleansing: Weekly
- Moisturizing: daily
- Scalp treatment: Massage scalp every other day
- The edges get twisted along the line, and might go through buildup. There are few ways to avoid it:
- Try to ensure that no braid gets twisted by checking regularly and cleaning as much as possible.
- Remember to sleep with a satin scarf on, to prevent friction on your hair. See details on how to maintain your hair in braids
Kindly share with us your favorite ombre combination. Follow the thread on twitter @joannhaircare using the hashtag #joannhaircrushday.
Until next Thursday(#crushday)…